Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Opening Day 2013: Pregame

       Not even a gloomy morning could ruin the day of Dodger fans. I got about four hours of sleep the night before Opening Day because the anticipation kept me up.  It was one the the biggest days of my life. My very first Opening Day experience. On my way to Los Angeles, I saw several billboards that read "A Whole New Blue." Seeing those made me want to get to the stadium even faster. My friend Anthony was just as excited as I was. The one thing that I did not miss about baseball season was the traffic in and out of Dodger Stadium. It also does not help that I drive this giant truck. 
           So, let's talk about the pregame festivities. There was an unexpected performance from the Blue Men Crew before the game. They get all the fans pumped. After that, they played a sweet Opening Day intro that featured celebrities and local athletes like Kobe Bryant, Landon Donavan, Kevin Hart, and George Lopez. The list goes on and on.
     Then we had the traditional player intros and the oversized American flag. What more could you ask for? You have your Dodger dog, garlic fries, a nice cold drink, and sea of blue all around the Stadium.                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment